Re: Ruby 1.9 - whats happening there?

> I've already finished most of work, but there is one problem about
> RubyGems integration part.

Thanks,

They way freebsd does it, they install the gem executable as gem19 so that
it can coexist with gem18. Its then symlinked by the user to whatever
executable the user wants to use by default. The ruby 1.8 port currently
creates version-less executables so I think it needs to change. In regards
to rubygems and ruby associated stuff, i think the best way would be to
use an mk.conf variable RUBYVER or RUBY_VERSION, which the user can set.
Depending on the value, an appropriate version of ruby is used to compile
the C library(if necessary)

Thanks!
Petr