Re: Firefox 3.0.x removal (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www)

Dear Tobias,

At Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:04:31 +0200,
Tobias Nygren wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:33:03 -0400
> Marko Schütz <MarkoSchuetz%web.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > > Then try the following command:
> > > /usr/pkg/lib/xulrunner/xulrunner-bin \
> > >   /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/application.ini -safe-mode -jsconsole
> >
> > That gives still no windows, but lots of warnings & erors:
>
> The warnings indicate that many shared libraries couldn't be found.
> This problem shouldn't be too difficult to track down.
> Please try to remove xulrunner and firefox (and firefox3 if installed).
> Then install pkg_filecheck and run it to make sure there is no
> related garbage left in /usr/pkg. Then cvs update and reinstall
> xulrunner and firefox with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes in mk.conf to get PLIST
> and shared library run-path sanity checking.
> If none of the above helps, please open a PR.

thank you very much for the helpful hints.

It turned out that after removing all firefox* packages and xulrunner,
there were still some files related to firefox and to xulrunner in
/usr/pkg. I removed all these, reinstalled xulrunner and FF3.5 and
it's running now. I have not yet rebuilt with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.

When I start up FF3.5 it complains

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libX11.so.6"
not found]

so no youtube right now.

Best regards,

Marko