Re: pkg_add: can't remove files during install

2009/9/24 Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost>:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Stathis Kamperis wrote:
>
>> I'm having some trouble installing packages in a i386/5.0.1 system.
>> After a really fresh install, pkg_add'ing my very 1st package
>> (scmgit-base), fails with this:
>> pkg_add: Couldn't remove /usr/pkg/foo/bar file
>
> What is an exact error message?

Dozens of couples like this one:
Delete file /usr/pkg/man/mann/tk_wait.n
pkg_add: Coulnd't remove /usr/pkg/man/mann/tk_wait.n
pkg:add Can't install  dependency tk>=8.4
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

(the file doesn't exist, nor the /usr/pkg)

> What is the value from "pkg_add -V" ?
20090724

> What example package were you pkg_add'ing? (Maybe point to a URL for
> it.)
The offending package is scmgit-base, but IIRC other packages failed
as well. On the other hand, wm/dwm (hi leot!) has built/installed
fine.

> Can you ktrace another pkg_add try? And look at the kdump? (Don't send
> it to the mailing list -- too big.)
I will, tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Stathis