Re: How to use pkg_summary for fetching binary packages?

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 09:15:42AM -0500, reed%reedmedia.net@localhost wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>
> > what is the best way to fetch all needed binary packages for a specific
> > package and install these binary packages later on another machine?
> >
> > The pkg_summary file seems to be a starting point, but I can't find
> > any documentation on how to use that file to fetch the binary packages
> > for all needed dependencies.
> >
> > Note that the machine, where the fetch command will run, may have some of
> > these packages installed, but the binary packages have to be downloaded
> > for these packages too.
>
> Look at
>
> pkgtools/pkgin (converts the package details to SQL, works good to
> install and update packages known in the pkg_summary database)
>
> pkgtools/pkg_chk (it knows pkg_summary, but I haven't used for that)

These tools are good for installing or updating, but I only need it for
downloading.

> wip/pkg_get (my testing shell script which works for basic use for
> downloading, installing and sometimes updating)

I found that after writting my mail and it partly works.
There are some limitations with DEPENDS lines which contain {} patterns,
either at the end or the whole depends is inside the {}.

Bernd