Re: is pkg_rolling-replace -X still working?

Jörn Clausen <joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> writes:

> Hi!
>
> In order to continue with upgrading my packages despite pkg/41790, I tried
>
> $ pkg_rolling-replace -rsuv -X mail/mutt-devel
>
> (and -X mutt-devel), but pkg_rolling-replace insists on rebuilding
> that package. I am quite sure I was able to suppress packages from
> building with this flag some time ago. Has this function been broken
> in the meantime? Or am I missing something else, e.g. it does not work
> (any more) with the other flags? mutt-devel is not a prerequisite for
> any other of my packages.

The -X argument should be PKGNAME not PKGPATH.  This functionality (not
mutt-devel) is working for me.  I would nuke all WRKDIRS and try again,
saving the output (feel free to send it to me privately).  Also, you can
'sh -x pkg_rolling-replace' but that will be huge.

Note that -X means "do not try to rebuild this package", not "don't let
pkgsrc recurse into this pkg", although you said that isn't your
problem.