Re: [rant] Too many dependencies

Hi Jan,

Jan Danielsson wrote:
> > I guess the growing dependency trees may simply be a natural process in
> > open source given enough time, but it's making package management a pain.

Well, not necessarily a pain for the users! With concepts like self-containing
application directories and resolving depencies on a per-program basis the
users do not need to care about dependencies - just about upgrading to a
larger harddisk from time to time ;-)

Would really be great to have this as an option with pkgsrc!

Best,
Mark Weinem