Re: pkg_comp - asking for setup tips

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:21:46PM +0200, Mark Weinem wrote:
> Hello users of pkg_comp,
>
> Please share your tips and tricks to setup pkg_comp on current systems.
>
> Last time I have used the instructions from the following article:
>
>    http://tinyurl.com/mo9yoy
>

> This worked for me. But as it seems it is not up-to-date anymore. Could
> you please review the article and post corrections, improvement suggetions
> and tips for relialbe setups?

[german] http://fsim.fsim-ev.de/dokuwiki/howto:netbsd:pkgsrc#pkgtools_pkg_comp

I'm still working on this howto (mind the FIXMEs all over) and it will remain
in german for sure. But maybe together with the further usage examples on
the page might be helpful to someone.

> And what about the pkg_comp man page, does it need improvements, too?

I don't think so. Actually the only two thing that annoys me about
pkg_comp is that PKG_DEVELOPER is set inside the chroot's etc/mk.conf
(which imo is safe to be deleted after makeroot) and packages "failing"
because they're built as dependency already (which is why I advise to
check 'pkg_chk -uqb | grep -v available' before actual updates to see
which packages still need manual work). I keep forgetting to PR though.

Regards,
-Martin