Re: pkg_install patch for testing

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 06:10:46PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > (3) Invert the order for pkg_info -r. This should fix the remaining
 >     reported issues with make update on non-leaf packages.

It does not fix the problem where it tries to remove packages that
have already been built, which can at least in theory lead to building
the same package more than once.

E.g. if you make update in lang/perl5, and you have both gtk-doc and a
GNOME app that needs gtk-doc to build, and the order comes out
such that it builds the app first, when it then goes to build gtk-doc
it will remove it and rebuild it a second time.

(I'm pretty sure there are some smaller examples involving perl modules
or tex packages, but finding them isn't so trivial.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost