xorg, dri, and xf86-video-intel on a ThinkPad T500

Hi,

With the Intel Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset on a ThinkPad T500, I had
been unable to get xorg (from pkgsrc) working when I enabled dri.  It would
crash on startup with the display in an unusable state.  The log reports the
error:

(EE) intel(0): hw status page initialization Failed
(EE) intel(0): Fail to setup hardware status page.

followed by a fatal server error.  In order to reset the display, I had to
reboot.  Without dri, he driver worked with some localized display corruption.

I decided to try the latest xf86-video-intel driver from xorg git and I'm
happy to report that that version appears to work just fine -- with or without
dri.  If anybody is interested in following up on this issue, I can provide
xorg logs.

This is on NetBSD-current / amd64.

Regards,
Sverre