Qt 4.5.1 patches. Was: Observations on KDE 4.2 in wip

On Wed June 17 2009 17:37:59 Sverre Froyen wrote:
> On Wed February 11 2009 23:18:51 Mark Davies wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 February 2009 15:34:04 David H. Gutteridge wrote:

> > > - The "new" mode start menu simply doesn't work for me.  It draws an
> > > initial outline of a window on the screen and then never fills it in.
> > > Switching it to "classic" mode works fine (which I prefer anyway).
> >
> > Works for me (though I probably prefer "classic" as well).
> >
> > > fixed things for me.  (I see the TODO file also references the idea of
> > > migrating some of this data.)
>
> This "worked for me" until I made the following upgrades:
>
> ThinkPad T42 -> ThinkPad T500
> NetBSD i386 -> amd64
> xorg 1.4.2 -> 1.6.1.901 (from pkgsrc)
> KDE 4.2.2 -> 4.2.3
>
> It is not just the menu that fails but also all the mouse-over pop-ups
> along the menubar as well as black-backgroud error pop-ups.  I see a
> partial outline of a black border but no center.  It appears not to be X
> driver dependent as I see this with both the Intel and the Radeon drivers.

Applying patches from KDE's qt-copy since their update to 4.5.1 has fixed the
blank menu, popups and partial borders issues.  I don't know if *all* of them
are needed but I do know that at least two of them are (958945 fixed the
border and the error popups but not the blank menu or the mouse-over popups).
See:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/qt-copy/src/?view=log

I applied 958407, 958945, 967426 and 971295

It might be good to get those added to x11/qt4-libs.

Regards,
Sverre