Re: Updating pkgsrc + wip

Hello,

Mike Cappella --> pkgsrc-users (2009-06-11 23:43:06 -0700):
> I have wip under pkgsrc (pkgsrc/wip) but this seems to cause me trouble
> when I a) cvs checkout and b) run lintpkgsrc -i.  Is there something I
> need to do to make pkgsrc and pkgsrc/wip play nicely so that I can
> essentially update the pkgsrc (main and wip) tree nicely, and then test
> my installed packages against the (main and wip) tree?

I can't comment on the lintpkgsrc issue, but checking out pkgsrc-wip to
a subdirectory of pkgsrc should work fine:

$ cvs -d $NETBSD_CVSROOT co -PA pkgsrc
[...]
$ cd pkgsrc
$ echo wip >>.cvsignore
$ cvs -d $PKGSRCWIP_CVSROOT co -PA wip
[...]

After this you don't run `cvs checkout' anymore, but `cvs update'
instead...

> When I run cvs checkout, I get the error messages:
>
> # cvs -q checkout -A -P pkgsrc
> cvs server: cannot find module `pkgsrc' - ignored
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

What does `printenv CVSROOT' print?

Regards, Jukka

--
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.