Re: qmail and djbdns are public domain

"OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 06:24:18 +0900, Daniel Franke <df%dfranke.us@localhost>
> wrote:
>
>> pkgsrc won't build qmail and djbdns unless you have "djb-nonlicense"
>> in your ACCEPTED_LICENSES variable.  This is no longer correct, as
>> DJB released both works into the public domain in November of 2007.
>
> It should be already done over a year ago.
> What's up on your tree?

On closer examination it looks like the issue is actually with
sysutils/checkpassword, which qmail depends on.  I'm fairly sure it
was DJB's intent to release this to the public domain along with
everything else, but I'll try to find explicit confirmation of this.

--
 Daniel Franke         df%dfranke.us@localhost         http://www.dfranke.us
 -----| =|  \   ///     --Voltaire