less can't read from a pipe on AIX

Hi,

I just built misc/less (from pkgsrc HEAD) on AIX 5.3. It works if you directly read a file e.g. "less Makefile", but if you try to read from a pipe e.g. "cat Makefile | less" it doesn't work. What you get is the first line of the file and the `(END)' marker. If you try to `G' to go to the end of file, it hangs. If you interrupt, a message comes up: "Cannot seek to that file position (press RETURN)".

# cat Makefile| less
# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.35 2008/01/06 19:25:09 rillig Exp $
(END)

The only thing I can think of that may be affecting this is that I have `USE_BUILTIN.iconv = yes' in mk.conf.

Any help would be great. Good thing the `more' on AIX is halfway decent!

Louis