Re: ms-ttf fonts MESSAGE

> I just installed NetBSD 5.0 and wanted to also install the ms-ttf fonts.
> I did what was told in MESSAGE but the fonts weren't not listed by
> fc-list.
> Some guys at #netbsd helped and we found that the
> /usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts/ path has to be added to the
> /etc/fonts/fonts.conf file.
> Shouldn't this be added to MESSAGE ?

I think the fontconfig provided by NetBSD and by pkgsrc should have that
path automatically. I think that is the first problem. But I don't see
that problem with pkgsrc's fontconfig. And since you mention
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf I guess the problem in in the base X11 set.

As for other systems, I guess a MESSAGE would be useful, but this is not
specific to ms-ttf, but something generic for all related fonts.