Re: bad performance with xf86-video-intel-2.7.0

Tobias Nygren wrote:
> Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> > > After this update I get significantly worse X11 performance on
> > > i945gme.
> >
> > What acceleration method are you using?
>
> The default one, which is EXA. Setting it to XAA makes performance
> acceptable again. Something is seriously wrong with EXA in this
> release because even setting "NoAccel" "true" results in faster
> text rendering.

I haven't seen acceptable EXA performance with intel 2.4.x driver either
(using 965 series hardware). But AFAIK there is no hope to get it fixed
without recent xserver and Mesa. The ones in pkgsrc are far too old. At
least using xserver 1.6 and Mesa 7.4 makes it fly for me. Your mileage
may vary of course.

--
Hasso Tepper