RE: pkg_install-20090422 fails to build on AIX

I've been trying to bootstrap on AIX 4.1.5 and have also encountered problems
when getting to pkg_install.  I've patched quite a few files, but finally hit
an error with ld that's probably going to take some research to resolve.
(Dagnabbit!)

> /usr/vacpp/bin/xlc: 1501-210 (S) command option Wall contains an
> incorrect subargument
> *** Error code 40

Your particular problem looks like it may be something xlc-specific?  I'm using
gcc.

Tim

--
      Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
          InterCall, a division of West Corporation

Be always sure you are right, then go ahead. - David Crockett