Re: Neon upgrade breaks backwards compatibility of Subversion

Greg Troxel wrote:
  I updated to www/neon to version 0.28.3, which also rebuilt
  devel/subversion-base. However, when attempting to commit to the
  repository on a CentOS Linux box, which is running subversion 1.4.2 with
  neon 0.25, it fails to authenticate. Rolling back www/neon to 0.26.3nb2
  solves the problem. Has anybody else run into this issue?

I haven't seen any problems, but none of my servers are running anything
as ancient as 1.4.2.

I've upgraded the version of Subversion on the CentOS box to 1.5.6, but
the problem persists. Again, rolling back www/neon to 0.26.3nb2 on my
NetBSD box solves the problem.

Perhaps you can post the precise error messages, with as much debugging
as you can turn on, including what system you are running on, what
authentication method you are trying, and whether all certificates are
really valid.

The client trying to perform the commit is a NetBSD 5.0_RC4 machine with
Subversion 1.5.6 (1.5.6nb2 from pkgsrc) and neon 0.28.3. The server
hosting the repository is a CentOS 5.2 machine now running subversion
1.5.6. The connection is via HTTP, so no certificates are involved.

You could also report this upstream, as it seems
fairly likely to be an upstream bug rather than a pkgsrc bug.

I've had a poke around the Subversion mailing lists, but not come up
with anything. A client on a Mac OS X machine with Subversion 1.6.1
has the same problem, which I suspect is down to an incompatibility
between neon 0.28 and the 0.25 version that comes with CentOS. I'll take
this issue up on the neon mailing list if there is one.

Chris
--

Chris Wareham
Senior Software Engineer

Tel: +44 (0)20 7234 5848
Fax: +44 (0)20 7234 5753

http://www.visitlondon.com/
'Visit London Limited' is registered in England under No.761149;
Registered Office: Visit London, 2 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RR.

Visit London is the official visitor organisation for London. Visit London is
partly funded by Partnership, the Mayor's London Development Agency and London
Councils.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the
named recipient(s) only. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and then delete the message. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email. The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not of Visit London.
We reserve the right to read and monitor any email or attachment entering or
leaving our systems without prior notice.