Re: problem installing python25 on Debian lenny

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:28:29PM -0400, Wesley Chow wrote:
> ...which is the build in hardy. The /usr/pkg/bin/python2.5 binary is
> also only 5k, when it should be really be more like 1.3M.

No, it should really be just 5KB as it is dynamically linked.
What you might be seeing is a conflict  in the library search path, e.g.
for some reason it is picking up the version in /usr/lib on Linux.
Given that ELF linkage is more often than not broken in Linux because
distro maintaners don't understand it, I wouldn't be surprised too much.

Joerg