django/python missing sqlite

Hi all-

Part 1:

I have installed:

py25-django-1.0.2nb1
python25-2.5.2nb5

and not much else... per discussion on Django list

http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/aacd6b5195926993/62547b7708a1627e#62547b7708a1627e

it would seem, I have: "incomplete Python package, or your source
build produced an incomplete result"

"You've got the Python part of sqlite, but you're missing
the _sqlite3.so dynamic library.  On my (Ubuntu) machine
this is found in /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload. This is
generally provided/built as part of Python 2.5, so your
Python build/installation seems to be a bit broken."

it seems sqlite is an option in pkgsrc py25-django, and
default upstream... I'm not suggesting it should be one way
or another, but why does the pkgsrc version have different
default options than the source?

Part 2:

even with PKG_OPTIONS.django=sqlite, the expected file is not there:

# find /usr/pkg -iname \*sqlite\*
/usr/pkg/include/sqlite3ext.h
/usr/pkg/include/sqlite3.h
/usr/pkg/bin/sqlite3
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/sqlite3
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pysqlite2
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pysqlite2/_sqlite.so
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/test/test_sqlite.pyc
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/test/test_sqlite.py
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/test/test_sqlite.pyo
/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.a
/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.so
/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.so.0
/usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig/sqlite3.pc
/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.la
/usr/pkg/man/man1/sqlite3.1

So, given _sqlite3 is expected packaged with python 2.4 and up;
what is necessary to build py25-django so it can find it?

--George