Re: HOWTO: 32-bit pkgsrc on amd64

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:31:23 -0500 (EST) Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I have been playing around with the new multilib support in 5.0 and have
> managed to setup parallel amd64 and i386 pkgsrc trees. I'm posting
> instructions on how to get started in case somebody else wants to play.
[snip]

Not about using multilib, but regarding practical use of the pkgsrc
itself - most packages can be built using excellent pkgtools/pkg_comp
tool. I'm using it a lot to cross build on amd64/5.x to i386/4.x and
i386/5.x. To avoid the "dependency hell" I'm even building native
binary packages to perform package updates.

--
M.