Re: Apache children occasionally killed with SIGSEGV

  Because I wanted to upgrade Apache to 2.2 anyway I didn't debug this
  further and built and installed www/apache22 and the needed modules;
  Apache 2.2 starts up and seems to run fine, but I still see those
  occasional segmentation faults:

  Is anybody seeing this as well?  Any hints?

Stop using PHP :-)

More seriously, I have a system with mod_wsgi for python and
svn/authz/trac, and I see core dumps occasionally too.  I don't have any
real suggestions - I think there's just a lot of buggy code out there,
and in particular I suspect the following

  memory leaks

  NULL from malloc is widely mishandled

which lead to crashing after a while.