Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/print/gutenprint-lib

On May 12,  2:25pm, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
} On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 01:13:36PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} > Thanks.  I've been distracted due to work and weather and forgot that
} > you had sent me PLIST fixes -- I noticed the ones I fixed when testing
} > on a different system.  I suspect that "make install" doesn't modify
} > files that are already there, and thus the PKG_DEVELOPER check doesn't
} > fire.
}
} Correct, /usr/pkg is scanned for all files before the installation starts
} and after the installation is done, so files which are allready in /usr/pkg
} and are missing in PLIST can't be found.

     This is one place where USE_DESTDIR really comes in handy.  Make
the package support DESTDIR, then set USE_DESTDIR=full, then 'make
install'.  After that, anything in work/.destdir was put there by the
package.  And, you can just use 'make print-PLIST' to get an
appropriate PLIST for the package.

}-- End of excerpt from Bernd Ernesti