Re: gtk2+ not building

Steven M. Bellovin schrieb:
> On i386-5.99.01, I'm unable to build gtk2+:
>
> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> configure: error: in `/usr/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work/gtk+-2.14.4':
> See `config.log' for more details.
> *** Error code 77
>
> config.log isn't helpful; it simply shows 'exit 77' as well.
>
> Under the assumption that 77 was ENOLCK and that there was something
> stale lying around, I rebooted, but it didn't help.

The exit codes of processes are not related to error code of the C
functions.

To get the real cause of the error, look for "config.log" in the
config.log file. The cause is usually directly above that line. For
example (here I set CC="false"):

configure:3334: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3356: false    conftest.c  >&5
configure:3360: $? = 1
configure:3398: result:
configure: failed program was:
[...]
configure:3407: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

This is the interesting part of the file.

Roland