fixesext location?

I've been doing a bulk build of packages on Solaris using /usr/local as
the install path.

It seems that x11/Xfixes is having issues during the configure phase and
refuses to build:

:
:
|checking for fixesext >= 2.0... Package fixesext was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
|Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fixesext.pc' to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH
|environment variable No package 'fixesext' found
|configure: error: Library requirements (fixesext >= 2.0) not met;
consider adjusting the
|PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

I'm not entirely sure what this message means, to be honest - I'm
guessing PKG_CONFIG_PATH isn't set correctly, however I have no idea
where to set it or what it should be ... any suggestions welcome ...

Running find over /usr/local looking for fixesext.pc turns up nothing

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left