Re: GNOME status update: GNOME Desktop completely packaged; and TODOs

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:40:06PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> This needs to be updated to use firefox3. I have tried and it appears
> that the installed SDK from www/firefox3 is incomplete. I have updated
> the wiki.

What is missing from the SDK?

The problem with firefox is that if you use the default install
target, you have to install into a separate prefix because otherwise
we have conflicts between all the various mozilla.org packages.
The installed files are actually chosen based on the PLIST file in the
package.
This makes updates difficult...

Perhaps we should just switch to separate prefixes for all mozilla.org
packages and use the default install target? Then we at least wouldn't
have the problem of missing installation files.
 Thomas