Re: How to 'make package' after 'make install' has been done?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Greg Troxel wrote:

Did you clean before doing 'make pakage'?  If so, then the install will
fail, and package depends on install.

No, the work.blah directory was still there, and still contained the .install (and other .*) files.

pkg_tarup is useful as obache@ pointed out.

Two other bits of advice:

 run 'make package' instead of make install in the first place.

I hadn't planned on doing the 'make package' until I discovered that just openoffice2 took 14 hours (and that was NOT including all the packages that it depends on)! And that's on a fairly high-power box:

cpu0: Intel Core 2 (Merom) (686-class), 2400.17 MHz, id 0x6fb
cpu0: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz"

:)

 set in mk.conf:

DEPENDS_TARGET=                 package
UPDATE_TARGET=                  package

so that you get packages for dependencies.

Again, hindsight!  :)

I use the following script prior to pkg_rolling-replace and it has a
loop to ensure there are binary packages for all installed packages:

<snip>

Thanks for that.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |