Cups problems

I am currently attempting to utilize cups in a fairly current Netbsd 4.99.92
with pkgsrc-2008Q2.  I followed the NetBSD wiki and I just can not get it to
print.  I can setup my old parallel port print in localhost:631 but when I hit
"Test Print" nothing happens.  I get this error
"/usr/pkg/libexec/cups/filter/pstoraster failed".  I believe something is not
talking to pstoraster but can not figure out the missing linkage.  I have an
old Epson Color Stylus 600 which I have been able to use in the past with cups.
 It seems to be well supported.  Gutenprint, etc.  Any help would be much
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

--
Merritt Draney <tmdraney%verizon.net@localhost>