Unbranded Firefox3 (Minefield) and EULA

If you build an unbranded Firefox3, you still get that EULA window.

There is a discussion going on with respect to the acceptability of the
Firefox EULA in Debian Linux and Ubuntu. From that I gather the EULA has
really only anything to do with the "official branding" of Firefox.

However, I built www/firefox3 while explicitily disabling this "official
branding" (PKG_OPTIONS.gecko += -official-mozilla-branding, just to be
absolutely sure) and I still get the EULA window.  Even though my
browser is now called Minefield.

Some people have suggested that such an EULA is a violation of the GPL,
one of the licenses I can obtain the source code under, since it imposes
exra restrictions.

This seems like a bug and is in any case highly undesirable in my
opinion.

And my font problems are back. Grrr. Tons of messages like

(firefox-bin:29416): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
expect ugly output. the offending font is 'Arial Bold 10.8671875'

(firefox-bin:29416): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
expect ugly output. the offending font is 'Arial Bold 9.75'

(firefox-bin:29416): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output.
shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='Arial Bold 9.75', text='English Hello'

(firefox-bin:29416): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output.
shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='Arial Bold 10.8671875', text=' '

(firefox-bin:29416): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
expect ugly output. the offending font is 'Arial Italic 10.8671875'

and various very normal letters are back to numbered squares. Grrr.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.