Re: meta-pkgs/gnome fails for me on NetBSD 4.0/i386

OBATA Akio wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:49:02 +0900, Dan Engholm <mustang%engholm.org@localhost>
wrote:

OBATA Akio wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:12:01 +0900, OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

Adding following line may help you.
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-compositor

I added the suggested line to wm/metacity/Makefile and got the same
result as before: No package 'xdamage' found.

Hmm, and then, how about commented out following line?
.include "../../x11/libXdamage/buildlink3.mk"

And also following line?
.include "../../x11/libXcomposite/buildlink3.mk"

I discovered while attempting these last two suggestions that I had
added the CONFIGURE_ARGS line within an inactive if-then-else section of
the Makefile.  With that change done right and the two .include lines
optionally commented out, the build fails when trying to include
Xcomposite.h and Xdamage.h.

Then, apply attached patch-aa.

It may not completed, but seems works bacically on my NetBSD 4.0/i386.
(Not used with Gnome, just as wm).
Hey, that worked! metacity successfully compiled so I started meta-pkgs/gnome over again. I had to comment out gok and gnome-mag for similar reasons, but the build is now proceeding again. Thanks for your help.

--Dan