Re: pkg_alternatives, Darwin and locale

Louis Guillaume wrote:
> It seems that pkg_alternatives breaks on Darwin if the locale is
> anything but "C".  This is because the negation symbol (¬) is used as a
> delimiter and for some reason (bug or other) tr on Darwin can't deal
> with that in a en_US locale. sed has problems too.

Escaping - you're doing it wrong. With all due respect, this wrapper script
deserves some WTF award. No, ISO-8859-1 is not exactly a smart choice in 1968
err 2008. Maybe, just maybe, it was actually never intented to be anything
but a plain ASCII character and the unfortunate result of a custom keyboard
mapping.

> Who knows when Apple will fix this? Maybe we can't wait!

What is Apple supposed to fix? History?

--
Christian