Re: pkgsrc/x11/xdm and rc.d script and configs

2008/6/28 Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost>:
> pkgsrc/x11/xdm's rc.d script has same name as /etc/rc.d/xdm
>
> 1)
> /etc/rc.d/xdm has wrong command -- runs wrong or non-existent xdm

In my setup, the xdm script works with xdm from pkgsrc when I create
/etc/rc.conf.d/xdm with the following line in it:

     command=/usr/pkg/bin/xdm

Anyway I agree that having /etc/rc.d/xdm installed by the base system
is no longer ideal.

I think that I prefer that xdm from pkgsrc should install an xdm
script in examples (and if PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=YES is set in /etc/mk.conf
also install it /etc/rc.d), but that requires that this file is not
installed/updated by NetBSD itself.

- Erik