Re: audio/flac with nasm results in executable stack on NetBSD

> However, I'm surprised that I could hardly find any information
> about this. Has nobody using NetBSD enabled PaX? I've had this
> problem with a few other tools and libraries, for example, libtheora
> and others which I don't remember off-hand (probably anything using
> nasm).

PaX is briefly described in security(8) but unfortinately
there is no "Security" chapter in the NetBSD Guide.

About pkgsrc. IMHO pkgsrc should provide a way to build "safe"
applications (when it is possible of course) by, i.e., disabling asm.
This whould be a good feature.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.