Re: RoundCube Webmail and encoding

> Joel CARNAT wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just installed roundcube (on NetBSD 4.0).
>> It seems it can't display emails that are not UTF-8 encoded.
>> And even for those email, some parts (like From, To ...) are not
>> displayed.
>>
>> Did I miss some packages or did I forget to configure something ?

>> I found a similar error here : http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484023
>> So I tried running roundcubemail-trunk-r1342-20080429.tgz but it's still
>> the same.
>>
>> any thoughts ?
>> TIA,
>>   Jo
>>

> Hi,
>
> patches/patch-ad ?  I had to make that hack to actually be able to

yep, I had to modify index.php from -trunk using this patch as a example.

> authenticate.  I'm assuming you added _all_ the extensions to your

I think so.
My /usr/pkg/etc/php.ini contains:
##########
include_path = ".:/usr/pkg/lib/php"
extension=eaccelerator.so
extension=gd.so
extension=gettext.so
extension=iconv.so
extension=imap.so
extension=ldap.so
extension=mbstring.so
extension=mcrypt.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=sockets.so
extension=zlib.so
[iconv]
iconv.input_encoding = ISO-8859-1
iconv.internal_encoding = ISO-8859-1
iconv.output_encoding = ISO-8859-1

I've tried commenting the iconv.* parameters but that does not change
anything.

> php.ini ?  I did read the roundcube docs pretty carefully so I don't
> think I missed a DEPENDS in the package.

I tested stock archive on the same machine:
0.1-rc2 has the issue (and required index.php patch).
0.1-rc1 works properly.

Regards,
   Jo