Re: define converters versus textproc category?

  So I packages odt2txt so I could read a
  Application/VND.OASIS.OPENDOCUMENT.TEXT document.

  It converts this "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text" to plain text.

  Tell me the category and I will import.

  It is a converter (converters/xlreader).

  It is a text processor (like textproc/catdoc).

  What is the difference between these two categories? As you can see from
  many examples, there is overlap.

This is arbitrary; we don't have a clean decomposition, and rearranging
things is bad, so the best thing is just to choose wisely hoping to
reduce mess.

I think it belongs in converters.