Re: Experiences with pkgsrc on Macs?

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 06:49:49PM +0000, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> How well does pkgsrc work on a Mac?

Good enough for my purposes. I use it to provide Mutt, wget, Wireshark,
MPlayer and a lot of other "Unix tools" on the Macs at home.

> (And, perhaps off-topic -- is there any way I can convert my exist file
> MacOS system to handle mixed case, or do I have to reinstall from CD?)

Not all Mac applications handle mixed case filesystem. I'm using a
case insensitive filesystem on my Macs and use the "--ignore-case-check"
option while bootstrapping "pkgsrc".

        Kind regards