Re: Experiences with pkgsrc on Macs?

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

How well does pkgsrc work on a Mac?  I just got one (mostly to deal
with Word and Powerpoint files that Openoffice doesn't handle well),
but of course need to add other software.  Should I use pkgsrc?
Macports?  Other choices?

I use fink, which is broken in its own ways, but is easy enough to
figure out. Just remember fink is not debian, and you have to build most
things from source.

(And, perhaps off-topic -- is there any way I can convert my exist file
MacOS system to handle mixed case, or do I have to reinstall from CD?)

Backup the disk using Carbon Copy Cloner and reformat. I don't know of
any other way.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost