Re: Dovecot users: please test pkgsrc-wip/dovecot (1.1rc1)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:29:58 +0100
Geert Hendrickx <ghen%telenet.be@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been tracking the Dovecot 1.1 development releases in pkgsrc-wip/dovecot
> for a while now.  This package is now in Release Candidate stage, and will
> somewhere after the 1.1 release be merged into pkgsrc/mail/dovecot.  So now
> would be a good time to test the wip package.
>
> The config file should generally be backwards compatible, but you may want
> to read these notes before upgrading: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.1
>
> The accompanying 1.1 Sieve plugin can be found in pkgsrc-wip/dovecot-sieve.

I just upgraded my installation and I can read my mail so I guess it
works :-)
One thing that bit me and that is not mentioned in the upgrade docs is
that the option "default_mail_env" was renamed to "mail_location".

Another thing is that the default values for login_max_processes_count
and max_mail_processes seem to be larger than what a default NetBSD
installation supports. I got this warning message: