Re: How to build pkg_summary.gz or pkg_chk-summary?

On Feb 5, 2008 10:09 PM, Louis Guillaume <lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to update a system using binary packages with pkg_chk but it
> complains like this...
>
> # pkg_chk -qub -P $PKG_PATH
> pkg_summary.gz: No such file or directory.
> pkg_chk-summary: No such file or directory.
>

> How do I generate these files? I'm building my own packages from source
> on-site. This is on Linux (redhat), i386, pkgsrc-2007Q4.
>

>From manpage of pkg_summary(5):

     The pkg_summary file can be generated using the pkg_info(1) -X option.
     For example, the following will list this data for all installed pack-
     ages:

           pkg_info -X -a

HTH,
Daniel