Re: education category?

Roland Illig wrote:
Alistair Crooks wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 06:38:52PM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:

Does anyone make real use of the symlinks? If so, this should be documented in the pkgsrc guide. Maybe there's some hidden functionality that I don't see. But I'd like to see it.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/README.html

I've used to find this useful when looking to see if something was available in pkgsrc, but didn't build my own packages. The categories were very useful in that case.

Now that I do build my own, I post my PACKAGES directory on an internal ftp repository at work and others at work are able to access them by category.

I think it's a good first step into getting users to look at pkgsrc.

Louis