Re: general problem with pkgsrc on 64bit linux

On Jan 20, 2008, at 9:53 AM, russell_mcmanus%yahoo.com@localhost wrote:

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:32:34AM -0600, russell_mcmanus%yahoo.com@localhost wrote:
Unfortunately, although my knowledge is growing, at this time I only
know a little bit about the internals of pkgsrc. Any ideas how I can
get pkgsrc to stop inserting /usr/lib64 before $PREFIX/lib?

I don't think pkgsrc does that.

It's interesting I guess that pkgsrc is not inserting this path.
My attempts with BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM agree with your statement.

But then the question remains of where it is happening,

I reported this problem in 2006 (PR 34108).

See mk/buildlink3/buildlink3.mk:

BUILDLINK_LIBDIRS.${_pkg_}?=    lib${LIBABISUFFIX}
.  if !empty(BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.${_pkg_}:Mfull)
BUILDLINK_RPATHDIRS.${_pkg_}?=  ${BUILDLINK_LIBDIRS.${_pkg_}}
.  else
BUILDLINK_RPATHDIRS.${_pkg_}?=  # empty
.  endif
.endfor

LIBABISUFFIX is set to 64 in mk/platform/Linux.mk. So BUILDLINK_RPATHDIRS.${_pkg_} has lib64, and later ${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.$ {_pkg_}}/BUILDLINK_RPATHDIRS.${_pkg_} is added to BUILDLINK_LDFLAGS.

So the problem occurs when one of the dependencies is a native library and it is buildlinked (e.g., zlib on Linux).

and how to make it stop happening.

Sorry, no idea.

Regards,
Min