Re: How can I re-bootstrap pkgsrc?

On 2008/01/08 06:31, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 02:43:27AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
>> The reason for asking this question is that I want to get an answer that is
>> simple enough so we can put it into our documentation and be proud that we
>> have given our users the simplest possible way of doing that.
>
> The problem is that there is no single consistent answer for the
> question. bmake and bootstrap-mk-files can only be updated via a binary
> package, pax only if building from source (and I am not even 100% of
> that). tnftp is unproblematic.
>
> Joerg

FWIW, I've been using the method suggested by tnn@ when I asked a similar
question:

<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2007/07/17/0003.html>

I don't think this meets the criterion of being simple, but but maybe it's
the simplest.  I have used it successfully to update bmake,
bootstrap-mk-files, pax, and tnftp.  I think the only other thing installed
by bootstrap and is marked precious is pkg_install (which can be updated in
spite of the precious flag).  YMMV.

Mark