Re: KDE-4 in pkgsrc?

* Adrian Portelli:
> raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost wrote:
>> Hi, kde-4.0 is about to be released. How long would it be before we see it
>> in
>> pkgsrc? Thanks.
>
> markd@ has been doing some work on this already for a while in
> pkgsrc-wip.

How far along are these? Are they supposed to work, waiting for the day that
KDE4 gets released, or is there still a lot of work to be done? For example,
I noticed the other day that kdelibs4 refuses to build on amd64 due to linker
problems. I tried hunting it down, but it's a bit hairy. It's doubtful that
kde picked it up themselves, as far as I know NetBSD/amd64's ld is a lot
more picky than its linux (or i386) equivalent.

I don't want to beat a dead horse; with them being in -wip, I know that they're
inherently work-in-progress..

--
Martijn van Buul - pino%dohd.org@localhost