Re: Building openoffice2 on amd64

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Paul Goyette wrote:

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:

Did you compile gcc34 with `USE_BINUTILS=yes'?
It seems not work for this package.

Yes, I removed the gcc34 package and did

        make USE_BINUTILS=yes cleandir install

and then re-ran the make for openoffice2 and got the same errors.

How can I force gcc34 to build _without_ using USE_BINUTILS?  Does
USE_BINUTILS=no work?

Well, I built gcc34 with USE_BINUTILS=no and that doesn't help either. Same errors.

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope now. Joerg Sonnenberger suggested (on current-users) making it link against libstdc++ instead of libsupc++ but I can't figure out how to make the makefiles do that. Indeed, I can't even figure out where it's getting libsupc++ in the first place. But that doesn't seem to be the current problem, since it's complaining about symbols being defined in a discarded section. Log file is attached if anyone wants to try and figure this out.

Since others have apparently been successful in building openoffice2, I'm wondering what's different about my system. It's a basic 4.99.41 -current with a 4.99.41 userland. The kernel is custom configured, but no weird drivers or strange patches.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |