Subject: Re: Thunderbird amnesia on NetBSD -current
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/23/2007 21:13:22
On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 02:21:39PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> >Check the file permission in /usr/pkg/lib/thunderbird/defaults/profile
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   347 Dec 22 22:08 prefs.js
>
> >and the thunderbird files in $HOME (don't know where it is, maybe somewhere
> >under .mozilla). The file prefs.js needs to have write permission.
> >Maybe the other files under $HOME need the write permission too.
>
> That was it -- for some reason the one in ~/.thunderbird/garbage.default
> was created read-only. Thanks!!

I guess you installed thunderbird some months ago, where the default one
under /usr/pkg/lib/thunderbird/defaults/profile was read only.
The prefs.js file from there is copied into the $HOME directory while the
permission is keept, thats why you ended up with a read only one.
That was fixed at one point.

Bernd