Subject: Re: pbulk resolving stage ALWAYS failes
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/22/2007 11:39:35
 >>  >> One of my favourite:
 >>  >> http://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/pkgsrc-pbulk/Debian-etch/current/log/20071210.1550/gzip-1.3.12
 >>
 >> > Oops. My fault :-) Fixed.
 >>
 >> Heh. You silently ignored this bug for many months and, may be, years.

> No, at most two month.

This doesn't matter. I personally don't use pkgsrc version of gzip.
There are TONS of other bugs seen on Linux or Solaris or Interix
or... that are not fixed for many years. And you know this.

I stated that ALL bugs have the same priority, all they should be
fixed, all they should be visible (e.g. reported by pbulk), but
neither of them should lead to stop ENTIRE bulk build.

You in turn said that missed or bad dependancies are much more serious
bugs and should ALWAYS stop bulk build. But I didn't see serious
explanations, only emotions ("I strongly disagree" or "this sort of
bugs were not fixed for months" or "we had bad expirience" - not good
arguments, but emotions).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.