Re: NSpluginwrapper and -current

On 20/12/2007, Henry Bent <hbent%cs.oberlin.edu@localhost> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running 4.99.17 i386 now (from early April) and would like to
> upgrade to the latest -current.  However, I found that when I boot a
> new kernel, without having updated userland yet, nspluginwrapper stops
> working.  It says:
>
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to initialize plugin-side RPC
> client connection
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NP_Initialize() invoke: Connection was
> NULL
>
> I am running pkgsrc-2007Q3 fully updated, so I have
> nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5, firefox-2.0.0.8, and all the latest patches of
> the 10.0 SuSE compat stuff.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Will this behavior go away if I update my
> userland?  I really don't want to do the upgrade until I am sure that it
> will work.

No, I am running -current - usually the kernel is not more than a week
late - and nspluginwrapper works just fine. I do have the latest SuSE
stuff, but Firefox is also followed with any minor upgrade, presently
at 2.0.0.11.

For some reason, though, the latest flash upgade (Jeremy's patch from
a few days ago AFAIR) stopped Opera from using it; firefox is fine.

> --
> Henry Bent
> hbent%cs.oberlin.edu@localhost

/dev/random says:
        Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014