Subject: NSpluginwrapper and -current
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/19/2007 21:50:05
Hi all,

I am running 4.99.17 i386 now (from early April) and would like to
upgrade to the latest -current.  However, I found that when I boot a
new kernel, without having updated userland yet, nspluginwrapper stops
working.  It says:

*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to initialize plugin-side RPC
client connection
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NP_Initialize() invoke: Connection was
NULL

I am running pkgsrc-2007Q3 fully updated, so I have
nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5, firefox-2.0.0.8, and all the latest patches of
the 10.0 SuSE compat stuff.

Has anyone else seen this?  Will this behavior go away if I update my
userland?  I really don't want to do the upgrade until I am sure that it
will work.

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu