Subject: Re: Solaris/pkgsrc-current: no system rules (sys.mk)
To: None <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/15/2007 13:59:32
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:10:21 -0500
"Mehul N. Sanghvi" <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been probably about 6 months or so since I did anything with pkgsrc, so
> I did a 'cvs update -PAd' and then a 'pkg_chk -u -q' to see what needed
> updating.  Since bootstrap-mk-files needed an update, I decided to work with
> that first.  What does it mean when it says "no system rules (sys.mk)" ?  And
> how can I fix it ?

If it was already removed, the only way to fix this is to forcibly
remove all remaining bootstrapped packages (the ones that bootstrap
normally installs) and then rerun the bootstrap script to get things up
to date.

A more graceful way to upgrade bootstrap-mk-files is to use
"make USE_DESTDIR=full package" and then upgrade by using the resulting
binary package.

-Tobias