Subject: building applications with debug information
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Salvador Fandino <sfandino@yahoo.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/13/2007 10:37:50
Hi,

I have compiled and installed firefox on a NetBSD 4.0_RC5/sparc64 machine using pkgsrc. It is not very stable and I would like do run it under gdb, but the executable that gets installed doesn't have debugging information and is striped.

So far, I have modified Makefile.common, setting "COPTS?= -O0 -g", and I can see that the compiler is using these flags, but I am not sure if this is the "right" way. And anyway, at the end, the binary is being striped so, I am not able to get a binary useful for debuging

How can I do it?

Cheers,

- Salva