Subject: Re: fastcgi and www/php4
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/09/2007 15:34:25
--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 12:21:40PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I see if fastcgi is enabled for www/php4, then cgi option is disabled so=
=20
> it is not built with --enable-discard-path nor=20
> --enable-force-cgi-redirect.

PHP documentation used to say those two must be disabled for FastCGI.
I cannot find that now, perhaps that's no longer true or just my memory
is hazy.

> I also don't understand why it has a PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.sapi for this sinc=
e=20
> it is always built with cgi (since no --disable-cgi).

CGI SAPI is indeed always built. The way this works on PHP is
that FastCGI either is or isn't enabled for CGI SAPI. It's done via
a PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP to mark that choosing one or other means slightly
different stuff (fastcgi disables above options).
=20
Jaromir
--=20
-=3D- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=3D-
-=3D- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=3D-

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--